Monday, April 11, 2011

Sportaloosa Fun Time

8 X 10 Oil on Canvas panel $110
Includes Shipping and Insurance in U.S.
To quote the Sportaloosa Website: The Sportaloosa is a unique modern spotted sport horse bred to be user friendly and competitive in the Olympic disciplines of jumping, dressage and eventing as well as cattle classes, reining, rodeo and endurance. 
I found this image by accident on Facebook and received permission of his owner (who lives in New South Wales) to paint him.
I have always been intrigued by the Appaloosa coloring and have even owned two in my distant past.  In fact, the first GOOD horse I owned was an ap mare named Cocoa. I purchased her (unknowingly) bred and her colt became our first foal and the first horse I actually trained. Both my kids rode him and he eventually became a member of a dude ranch string of horses. THAT was 30 years ago...I imagine Nipper is probably waiting for me in Heaven by now....
Job 25:2
“Dominion and awe belong to God; he establishes order in the heights of heaven. 

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: