Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Lesson in Values - by Debbie Grayson Lincoln


6 X 8 Oil on Panel 
$100 includes shipping and insurance US
I have been playing around with color lately and I have been trying to concentrate on values without being concerned with color. I have a number of artist friends who are experts at this and can render images in assorted hues and always get the value correct - and it appears effortless. Carol Marine is one of those artists. This is something I struggle with, however, as I am a very literal artist. Deviating from the "real" color is very hard for me. But you know something, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks and the old dog can learn to love the learning!
One way to tell if I have gotten the color values correct is to reduce the image, via a photo manipulation program, to a simple black and white image. If the subject is still identifiable and appears shaded correctly, then I know I accomplished my goal.
Life on the farm this past week has been trying. Not only have we experienced more rainfall than I have ever seen, anywhere, any time, but several of our roads in and out are impassable, and we now have to go 9 miles out of our way to avoid the washouts and a bridge condemnation.
On the positive side, the wild flowers abound, the tanks are all full, and the calves and their moms will have grass through the summer! How can I complain about such a small inconvenience of a bridge being out?



2 Corithians 9:8.    "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need you will abound in every good work."

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site! 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What beautiful painting, pics, and thoughts! :-)
Nancy (mewz from KFC)