Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Point - Bear Lake Cuchara Colorado

8 X 6 Oil on Canvas Board $115
Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.
At the end of this rocky jetty was the best fishing on Bear Lake this past August. It was also the place that one of the local black bears chose to show himself causing all the kids and their parents to scramble to safety, leaving rods and stringers of fish. But thanks to the enforcement of the "Do not feed the bears" rule, the bears are getting shyer and easier to chase off. Now I don't recommend anyone chasing a bear, but shouting at the one I saw from a distance worked this summer. Last year, the bears were undisturbed by people and continued all the way around the lake, effectively ending our fishing for the day.
I am going to try something new with my painting postings on my blog. Normally I post a small image of the painting and this is to prevent "thieves" from stealing the image and reproducing it - and yes that is happening more and more now that computer "galleries" are becoming so common. I have had my work copied, but I have not yet detected any outright direct reproduction.
Often collectors want to view my work up close, and I am more than willing to send a larger image to them - but then I realized that I could do this here, also. And we will soon have that ability to look at a "close-up" on Daily Painters, too. But I have to load a large data file image of the painting which makes it easier to steal and reproduce. I have, however, decided that worrying about theft is something I can eliminate from my brain. So now if you "click on" the image of my paintings, you should be able to see the details more clearly. I am doing this in the hopes that you will be able to better view my technique. And if some art dealer in China decides he can sell it without my permission, so be it....
Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: