Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roadside Rest Stop


8 X 6 Oil on Linen Panel $125

Includes shipping and insurance in US

We are still in Rocky Mountain National Park and enjoying the cool weather and spectacular vistas.

These are the same three sheep I used in the previous painting – standing differently. In actuality, they WEREN’T on rocks – they were on the side of the road – hence the name for this painting.

We have taken a number of picturesque hikes this past week, and I have been on the lookout for great looking rock ledges that I can place the sheep upon. They deserve to be portrayed in the habitat that we normally envision them – on rocky ledges, risking life and limb for survival. The painting is in my head already – waiting for me to get home to the studio.

Hold that thought…

(NOTE: I am loading this blog from a remote location and if you wish to purchase this painting, send me an email and I will get back to you when we re-join civilization. Please be patient! THANKS!)

Deuteronomy 8:9
a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: