Friday, October 5, 2012

Downhill - old gray horse painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

8X6 Oil on canvas board $115
Includes shipping and insurance US
The word "downhill" is used in two expressions I can immediately recall - each with totally different connotations. "Downhill all the way" implies that the worst is over and it's an easy journey to completion. "It's all downhill" also implies that the journey is nearing it's end, but the ending is not a happy one.
This horse was heading for water after climbing up the backside of the pond's dam - so I'm thinking that this "downhill" has a happy ending - a thirst quenching.
Did you see the presidential debates night-before-last? Unfortunately, I do believe this nation's economy is heading downhill and not in a good sense. And I have my doubts if either candidate has any way to stop it. I will continue to pray and stock up. It's about all we can do....
John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: