Tuesday, December 18, 2012

6X6 Oil on linen panel $100
Includes Shipping and Insurance U.S.
Continuing with the limited palette exercises. Colors revealed at end of post!
I have no Hereford neighboring cows, but I do pass this one really nice herd on the way to Bluff Dale and have stopped to take some photos of them on occasion. They have always been pretty far from the fence so I cannot get much detail in the image, but I really don't need it with an exercise in color.
Christmas is bearing down upon us but it doesn't feel like it at all. It was 77 degrees today and continuing dry. East Texas got a bit of rain with the last "cold" front, but it passed us by completely. I would LOVE to get another milk cow (one is NEVER enough!) but feed is an issue - particularly pasture. SO I sit on my hands when I hear of a cow bargain. I will be happy with my 1 cow, 1 heifer, 1 calf and rehabbing Dr. Doofus' cow, Mayflower (more on that later when I paint her).
Colors used: Red, Violet, Yellow-Green - a split complement. fun fun fun
Colossians 2:18
Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: