Tuesday, December 4, 2012

One Cow Four Palettes

Check with artist for availability

I have been thinking of ways to challenge myself without paying an arm and a leg and going to workshop after workshop.
One way to send the brain in different directions is to limit the available colors to paint with - limiting the palette. I have done this before with mixed results. This time, I decided to commit to painting 4 little images of the exact same cow (I liked the light on her) all with a different palette - in this case 2 or 3 analogous colors and a complement. These are the 4 paintings and in the next 4 days I will talk about each one individually and reveal the palette. I will be interested in knowing your favorite, too!
Thanksgiving this year was a real blessing - we spent it at my son's home in Euless, which is becoming a central meeting place for our mostly Central Texas Family. You have to understand why this was a HUGE undertaking....my son, Ben is a minimalist. Material things don't matter to him and his life is actually quite uncomplicated. He is not married and has no pets. He also doesn't cook much either. SO we had to bring EVERYTHING - and by that, I mean plates, silverware, salt and pepper, pots and pans...etc! I cooked the turkey at my house in advance and everyone else brought a dish to share. The dogs got to go, too, and I think we fed 14 people - a houseful under any circumstances. We ate very well, watched the Cowboys get beat, and returned home with good memories.
I hope your Thanksgiving was as blessed and as memorable!
“[Dispute Over Jesus’ Testimony] When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”” John 8:12NIV
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: