Saturday, October 11, 2008

Easy's Morning Walk

5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $100
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a California Collector
I have not sold Easy yet. I think they are still thinking...but if I don't it's OK. He's still my best model! I love him in the morning light.
For the next few weeks, I'll be trying to paint loose paintings like this little one and will offer them ALL for $100, shipping and insurance included. And NOVEMBER 1st will be the beginning of the BIG SALE!!! All little paintings (8 X 10 and smaller) that have not sold will be on sale for half price - and that still includes shipping and insurance!!!! YOU MUST E-MAIL ME FIRST, though, before you pay, to be sure I still have the painting. First e-mail gets it. This sale will only last for 3 weeks (or until Thanksgiving). I will not be going back and changing every painting's price tag, either. So whatever the blog says the price is, you take off half. After that I may put everything that hasn't sold on eBay - or not! And NO, I'm not quitting painting, I'm just cleaning house! And concentrating on my larger, gallery paintings.
I haven't blogged all week because I have been busy putting my house in order, so to speak. Mike and I are facilitating a course called "Financial Peace University" and since we are retired before we are eligible for Social Security or withdrawals from IRA's, we are living off mutual funds and other investments. Needless to say, we are in the same crowded boat that millions all over the world are in, and as a result, we are having to change our life style. Believe it or not, I haven't lost any sleep, but I AM paying attention to our household budget.
We drive to town (15 miles away) once a week now (and THAT may change to even less); we are conscious of lights and what the AC is set on; we are super-insulating our attic; we aren't eating out (but we DO have friends over for dinner - much more fun!); if I lose 20 pounds, I'll have a whole "new" wardrobe; all credit cards are gone; and we are participating in a community-wide garage sale (that's what has really kept me busy).
I did start a new large painting and I thought you might be interested in seeing it's progression.It's 20 X 24 and I start all my large paintings like this - blocked in color, mostly darks and lights only without paying much attention to detail or blending or soft edges. I am PLANNING on the focal point being somewhere below the cowboy's left foot - a sparkly water thingy. There will be drips coming off the horses that'll be sparkly, too. Water is difficult to do, but easier than landscapes in my opinion. We'll see.
Matthew 12:43-45 "When an evil[a] spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

beautiful and loose.
You know how horses walk, where the weight is.
I love this one.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This large one is coming nicely. I'm in awe of your large paintings!