Saturday, October 18, 2008

All in the Family

7.5 X 12 Canvas on 3/4 inch board $125
Includes shipping and insurance within US
SOLD to a collector in California
I thought you might enjoy seeing how I put a particular painting together: four separate pictures of my animal family into one painting. This is also an experiment in mounting canvas on board. The board is a leftover piece of pre-fab shelving; very heavy and 3/4 inch thick. I like the heft of it and the fact that it shouldn't warp at all. I am going to try the same technique on masonite for comparison. I probably could buy the same product for very little more, but I like the fact that I am not restricted to a certain size - or have to cut something to fit the size I need - or wait for an order to arrive. Some paintings demand to be a certain dimension and no ready-mades will do.
A little more information on the upcoming BIG SALE. All little paintings that have not sold (or are not in galleries) as of November 1 will be available for half price for TWO WEEKS. Some of the ones I have painted recently will be going to a gallery next week, if they haven't sold for the original price here first. I will mark them "unavailable" on both the Daily Painter website and and here on my blog. PLEASE e-mail me first before you PayPal me, to be SURE the painting you want is still available. The yellow rose that was posted a couple days ago has sold - and it WAS going to a gallery, so that collector was smart to jump on it quickly!
Matthew 23:4
They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. (Was he speaking of politicians??!! dl)

No comments: