Tuesday, October 14, 2008

West Glacier

5 X 7 Oil on Board $110
Includes shipping and insurance
This is a very rough small preliminary for a planned large painting. I definitely don't have the colors worked out yet - not enough distance to the back landscape. But I do think I have the overall composition worked out. But I just noticed the reflection of the distant trees is not accurate and too regular (I do that a lot). I am considering adding a canoeist in a yellow boat in the cove as a focal point. And the tree in the foreground does not stand out enough, even though it's in shadow. And the light on the ground is not LIGHT enough. Oh, maybe I should just forget it....!!!
No, I think I will redo it and just concentrate on color and value only, and not on shapes. I will share that with you next. Promise.
Don't forget to get ready for the BIG SALE starting November 1!
Luke 18:13
"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

No comments: