Sunday, October 5, 2008

How Do You Bend Like That?


5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $100
Includes Shipping and Insurance

I am reluctantly posting this painting because I really don't like it all. It has been an effort to get it done, and I am quitting at this point and posting it. My painting "Muse" is on vacation, I think. I am really struggling right now to paint and the harder I work, the more I hate the results.
It's time to go back to basics and evaluate the best advice I received from my favorite teachers...
I am in contact with other Daily Painters and several are finding themselves with the same "block" that I seem to be experiencing. I don't know if it's the phase of the moon or just a general feeling of angst over the current state of the world. I don't worry about myself or my immediate family - we will be fine. Maybe not financially, but certainly spiritually and that's what really counts. But I do fear hard times are around the corner and I am praying for many...
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I can see the cow on the left is broken up too much shape-wise, giving it an odd look but, the composition and the idea work fine.
You do so many fine ones that you can't let it throw you, which it won't.