Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Beachcombers

5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $115
Includes shipping and insurance
SOLD
The beach at Boca Grande, Florida, was fairly deserted this past weekend. This was about the most beach combers I saw at any given time. All the shop keepers in town said they were packing up to leave this week for the summer - getting too hot - and the tourist season was just about over.
Boca Grande is on the Gulf side of the Florida peninsula - about 130 miles south of Tampa - nearly to the Everglades. And it WAS getting hot. I was told that the best time to go would be October and November and mid-spring. I suspect we'll go back. I have been to the Cayman Islands and was pleased with the spotless beaches and crystal waters. In my opinion, Boca Grande was just as beautiful and a heck of a lot cheaper!
I will continue this week with a few more beach scenes - a sunset and a night-dock-water scene that may take more than a day - it's pretty complicated. And I may paint it large than usual, too. After this week, I'll go back to my farm critters. And THEN it'll be mostly scenes from our trip to Montana and South Dakota through August
Exodus 22:26
If you take your neighbor's cloak as a pledge, return it to him by sunset.

No comments: