Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hurry Up, Mule!

20 X 24 Oil on canvas
Check with Artist for availability
As you know, we spent a lot of time this summer traveling and gathering reference material for my paintings. One of the events we attended was the Pinedale Mountain Man Rendezvous Pageant in Wyoming. They re-enact the settling of the county with a totally fabulous show held at their rodeo grounds.
I took pictures of mules, horses, teams of horses, native Americans, cowboys and settlers, and MORE. My husband declared my photo library complete. I say, NO WAY! But I have to admit that it's pretty close.
This mule was being towed by a scruffy looking guy, and the fellow in the background was actually part of another scene. I put them together and will let YOUR imagination react to the image. (Who's towing the mule and why are they in a hurry? Is the man chasing them or warning them?) All I know for sure is that the mule needs to go faster!
Psalm 55:8
I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm.

1 comment:

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

That's one beautiful mule!