Friday, May 22, 2009

Baby Horses


nodp
I had heard that fellow Morgan Millite Marie Beckett had 3 new foals this spring - with the latest an exceptionally loud black and white Paint/Arab colt. I called her yesterday to see if I could come take photos. I was rewarded with some terrific action shots which I will share with her.
Marie has a good eye and instinct about brood mares and who to pair them up with. She raised Arabians for years and now has some Paints as well. She said she wasn't going to breed the black mare again this year, but is wavering now after getting such a nice colt. She said it's hard to part with one so fancy, and I know the feeling. It's hard to sell ANY of them, which is why I didn't breed PJ back this year. I would have to sell either the resulting foal or Dandy.
It was the same with my little dog, Kibble. Had I let her have puppies, I doubt I could have let go of any of them, and we could have ended up with a house full of little Kibbles. Ouch, my ears!!!!
I am sure you have noticed that I have not posted a painting in a while. It's partly because I am very busy doing other thing - quilting, vegetable gardening, riding, etc. I have painted daily for 2 years straight and I'm contemplating taking a hiatus for the rest of the summer. I want to take stock of the work I have already done and probably experiment in some new directions.
Meantime, I have started another blog (http://debbieshorses.blogspot.com/) which you can do to directly from HERE. I'll continue to post family news and stuff that I do, but the art I will probably keep to myself for a while. Hopefully I'll have some new work after Labor Day.
Be patient with me, my faithful followers! And God bless you all.
  1. Romans 12:12
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
    Romans 12:11-13 (in Context) Romans 12 (Whole Chapter)
  2. 1 Corinthians 13:4
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    1 Corinthians 13:3-5 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 13 (Whole Chapter)
  3. 2 Corinthians 1:6
    If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.
    2 Corinthians 1:5-7 (in Context) 2 Corinthians 1 (Whole Chapter)
  4. Ephesians 4:2
    Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
    Ephesians 4:1-3 (in Context) Ephesians 4 (Whole Chapter)
  5. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
    And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

3 comments:

SiLa said...

Oh, Debbie, Baby is just beautiful!
I will continue to follow your "horse blog" :)

Enjoy through Summer in your other creativities and come back refreshed.

"..."This is a place for comfort. This is a place of rest for those who are tired. This is a place for them to rest."..." Isaiah 28:12

Roxanne Steed said...

ohhhh- this baby is gorgeous! I had always wondered if my mare Tsunami (grey Arab) would have produced a little beauty...but it was a road I couldn't travel down. It's so nice to see what has turned out here for your friend! Thanks for posting this!!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

WOW. What a beauty.