Thursday, May 7, 2009

Working Cowboy

8 X 6 Oil on Masonite
SOLD
These paintings look pretty neat together. In actuality, 5 cowboys handled all those animals Tuesday, and eventually I will paint them all. They took turns roping, inoculating, branding and castrating. And for you curious folks out there, yes, the "calf fries" were saved for lunch later. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, another name is "mountain oysters" and you can go here to learn what they are and how to prepare them. See, you CAN learn something new every day!
Tomorrow I go to another cattle working, and I may take my own horse to that one. I won't participate, but it's good for the horse to go. I have been putting Dandy in and out of the trailer for three days, and this morning we (PJ, Dandy and I) went to the vet for their yearly visit. Dandy did very well - of course she only had to go a couple miles, but we had no trouble going in and backing out. Another milestone in her development.
Isaiah 1:17
learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

No comments: