Sunday, February 21, 2010

American Eskimo Spitz dog portrait oil painting

6 X 8 Oil on masonite
Contact artist for availability

send me an email
My beautiful friend, Sandy, recently slipped and broke her leg (both lower bones right above the ankle) while walking her gorgeous dog, Joy, her American Eskimo. Fortunately Sandy had her cell phone with her and called her husband, John, to come rescue her. Dutifully, Joy remained close at hand while waiting. While she recovered in the hospital, we "baby-sat" Joy, and I managed to get a number of good photos of her.
I have difficulty painting long-haired, light colored dogs - and haven't even painted my own little Pomeranian, Kibble, to my satisfaction. But I continue to practice.
Good news regarding Sandy - she will be OK. Bad news is that she is flat on her back, waiting for swelling to subside so she can have surgery to pin the bones back together. Beautiful Joy remains close by her side....
Matthew 23:3
So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

No comments: