Monday, February 22, 2010

Bandit Betrayal - cowboys gunfight oil painting

5 X 6 Oil on Masonite Color Study for larger painting
$115
Includes Shipping and Insurance
send me an email
This is an idea for a painting that I envisioned after my last photoshoot at Doug Prine's place in Nemo, Texas. Before I begin any large work (and this one will be 25 X 30) I sketch it out in pencil, then paint a small, quick version in scale to the larger painting. 5 X 6 is exactly 1/5 of a 25 X 30. Often I change the placement a bit and add more contrast if the composition needs it.
The final version will be much more detailed. I want the horse in the foreground to show his eye very round and excited and appearing to be looking at the bandit in the rear. I see a few minor changes, but will probably stick to this color study fairly close. One thing I DO want to change is the shadow in the lower right and make it look more like another horse and rider.

Proverbs 6:9-11 9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? 10 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest- 11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: