Saturday, October 2, 2010

Moo - continuous line drawing


blue ink on index 5 X 7 image area $20
SOLD
This has been a busy week. Since I completed the paintings for the Dutch Art November Show, I got a chance to start Merideth's baby quilt - or should I say Addison's baby quilt? As a result, I have not drawn or painted, and when I don't post for several days, I hear from my mother "Are you all right?" Yes, Mom - this drawing is a shout-out to you! I am all right!
I have been a quilter since I was first married when we had very little money for Christmas gifts. (Back then, many people still thought the notion of BORROWING for gifts was absurd). BUT I knew how to sew and had tons of scraps (mostly knits and polyesters, but stills scraps). I had no idea what I was doing, but somehow I made my mother-in-law a twin sized, all squares, very heavy and not-very-attractive-but-quite-warm quilt. The top was mostly synthetic fabrics; the batting was an old blanket; and the back was a twin sheet left over from my college dorm days. I put the quilting stitches "in the ditch" - one at a time. It cost me nothing to make and was the start of a very long learning curve about quilt making. I have since become pretty good at it and have even taught some continuing-ed classes in quilting.
When I am through with this little one, I will show you - alongside the very first one.
Proverbs 4:2
I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $20 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love this Debbie! What talent you have!!