Wednesday, October 19, 2011

PJ Walking Good

5 X 7 Oil on Canvas board $115
Includes Shipping and Insurance in US
OK - I admit it - I was having withdrawal pains from the horse images...So here is PJ walking pretty good after recovering from laminatis. PJ is 16 years old and has never missed a meal - in fact she has helped herself to other's meals, as well. As a result she has a tendency to develop laminitis when she overeats on high carbohydrate grasses and/or grains. Especially if it hasn't been in her diet all along.
We had a wonderful 4 inch rain about 12 weeks ago (the ONLY rain all summer), and the grass blossomed - and so did PJ's belly...and she pigged out. I was remiss in not locking her up (or at least muzzling her!), and she developed laminitis in her front feet.
Yesterday afternoon, I caught her actually running with the others - a good indication that recovery has taken place. PJ doesn't run unless she feels really good (or there is a meal in front of her!)
Numbers 17:8
The next day Moses entered the tent and saw that Aaron’s staff, which represented the tribe of Levi, had not only sprouted but had budded, blossomed and produced almonds.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

3 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

Lovely painting, so glad that she is feeling better, laminitis can be so tough to manage.

Trudy R. Gomez said...

So glad PJ is up and moving again! I like your rendition of her. Now if someone could muzzle me from cheesecake...

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

So glad to hear that. Laminitis is scary.