Friday, February 15, 2013

#29 Cow Licked by Vicki

6 X 6 Oil on Canvas
Check with artist for availability
This little calf was birthed by a cow named Vicki, and Vicki was owned by Rhoda Canning and her family. Vicki is no longer here, but like so many good family milk cows, her legacy lives on in her offspring.
To quote Rhoda regarding Vicki: "She loved people, lots and lots of scratches, anywhere.  She would lick you to death, she was quiet and easy going.  I would go out to say goodnight to her and she would lift her chin to have a good scratch, then she would burp, every time.  She also like to be brushed.  When I would put fly repellent on her, she would see me coming with the paper towel so I could wipe some on her face and ears and she would push her face into my hand to help, she knew relief was coming.  If I was bringing vegetables from the garden, she would know and be at the gate to meet me, she loved veggies and fruit." 
There are many ways to interpret the term "family milk cow", and they are "family" in more ways than one....
 Psalm 122:8
For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, “Peace be within you.”
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: