Friday, September 6, 2013

Left Out - completed

12 X 24 Oil on stretched linen
Available through the Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, Texas
I am continuing to enjoy painting this series of animals (mostly horses) where one unique (and sometimes not so unique) animal is apart from the rest. Several viewers have felt compelled to write to me about these images, with each individual interpreting the paintings dramatically different.
Few people have not experienced the feeling of being alone in the middle of a crowd - for a variety of reasons. Teenagers are especially vulnerable and often give into peer pressure in order to remain a welcomed part of the gang. 
I like to think that the single animal has CHOSEN to be left out and strike out on his own, despite the whisperings and finger pointing. The crowd doesn't always know where they are going...or why.
Exodus 23:2
“Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd" 

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: