Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bad Mood - oil painting of a grackle by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

8 X 10 Oil on Panel $150
Shipping included U.S.
You have all seen these birds. They are in every WalMart and McDonald's parking lot in the world - opportunists looking for food bits and anything useful for nest building. The males are a sleek blue/black/violet, and the females are a boring brown. This one was in an eating area at the Zoo and was waiting for us to toss him our scraps. Addison attempted to feed him some bird seed we had left over from the parakeet aviary, but he wanted something more substantial, and the displeasure on his face shows it! Despite his apparent sour attitude, I couldn't help but admire his plumage and confidence.
Perhaps what I see as a bad mood, is in reality intense concentration...
Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment: