Saturday, April 4, 2015

Family Portrait - bison family group by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

8 X 14 Oil on Panel
SOLD
Spring has brought quite a bit of work with it this year - along with some much needed and appreciated rain. In between "moisture events", we have managed to get 95% of the garden plowed and planted. Warm weather seeds like corn and beans are already up and reaching for the sky. If we get half the sweet corn as we harvested last year, I will be very happy (and so will the cows).
Speaking of cows, both Abbey and Sophie have been more than earning their keep supplying us with milk and feeding 4 calves. Three of the 4 are already 5 1/2 months old and ready to wean. Today is their first day separated, and the bawling and hollering through the fences is deafening.
We have already purchased 2 additional calves (from my favorite local dairy and cheese shop Veldhuizen) to put on Abbey, so she can raise 2 more before I dry her up in September. She bred back in February so is expecting a November calf. The circle of life continues.
We had the nicest visit from Beth and Casey Willis last weekend, and I kept them busy with farm chores, riding lessons and eating barbeque. They promised a return visit, so I guess I didn't work them too hard!  The above painting was inspired by Beth and is her birthday present for this year...
Revelation 14:16  So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
If you are interested in a painting like this one, click here to send me an email. I do commissions and I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

love hearing about life on a working farm.

This color harmony in this painting is wonderful!