Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Barnyard Buddies 2 - oil painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6 X 8 Oil on Gessoed MDF Board
$125 includes shipping in U.S.
We are rich in cattle right now - at least by this small farm's standards. Both cows have 2 LARGE calves they are feeding, and it's time for a couple of them to go to other pastures. This is always a difficult time for me. I cannot help but get attached to these animals entrusted to my care. But I am a meat eater, and I raise meat. Therefore I HAVE to look at them in that light. I can, however, give them the best life possible while they are in my care.
This calf came from a local dairy and was reluctantly nursed
by Abbey and Sophie. Neither one liked him much, so he only got to sneak in and nurse when one of the more favored calves were nursing. I consoled him with scratches and attention when I could (and extra feed in the corral), but he has always been the outcast...the one left out for no apparent reason. He has no name. He's just one of the "Jersey Boys". To name them is to make it even harder to send them on to other pastures.  I know there is a sermon in there somewhere.

Luke 1:28  The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”



If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. 
To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I am a conflicted carnivore.
:(