Saturday, September 19, 2015

Barnyard Buddies 1

6 X 8 Oil on gessoed MDF Board
$125 includes shipping U.S
Rain was promised today, so Mike and I rushed to get 200 pounds of Rye Grass seed scattered in the pasture. This required changing out tractor implements: removing the plow and attaching the seed spreader. One healthy, young person can accomplish this chore, and so can two old, achy people...usually. We were successful getting the implements changed, but one of the sway bar lift arms broke as I was taking the tractor to the garage to grease the PTO. Mike thinks the pressure from the plow going through our sticky, hard soil weakened it, and it chose to break at that moment.  Of course the John Deer dealer doesn't keep those replacement parts in stock, so we put the pasture seeding chore on hold. I don't remember starting many activities needing the tractor that didn't begin with a repair or delay due to something being broken, dead or missing. Life on the farm...Oh, and it only rained 1/10".
The day wasn't a total loss - I did get to be in the studio all afternoon which resulted in this little painting of a horse and a hen with her chicks.  I am thinking I might enjoy painting a series of "barnyard buddies"...
I have both gold and black frames available for an additional $30 (shipping included). Black really seems to make the colors "pop"!


Ecclesiastes 5:4

When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow.



If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. 
To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Julia Wright said...

I'm also on KFC, clicked over to peek at your blog. I'm an artist too, this painting really caught my eye. Very lovely. Just wanted to say 'hi!' Happy spring.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Your work is amazing, but I really like this little painting. It's filled with sunlight and I love that you put the two images together and created this charming scene.