Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Free Ride - butterfly on mule nose with cowboy illustrative art book cover

20 X 20 Oil on stretched linen
Contact Artist for Availability
I HATE wasting time on the computer!!! I spent most of this morning working on my WEBSITE and updating and networking and cleaning up files and and and...I feel like I've done nothing. I think I need a manager...
Anyway, I worked a while on this painting and I still need to do a bit more - mainly darken the background (and probably "yellow" the hat). But since I'll do it with a glaze, it'll have to dry first. The title, of course, is a lie - there is no such thing as a free ride...which the world will find out eventually when the huge house of cards we have built comes crashing down.
The state of the world is beginning to worry me some more - I go through stages of confidence, followed by stages of extreme fear - and not for myself, but for those less capable. Today was a rainy, dark, worrisome day, so I spent part of it ordering seeds for next year's garden. One things is for sure, as long as I have dirt and water, I'll never go hungry, because, like my mother, I can stick a board in the ground and something will grow.
Psalm 34:10
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

No comments: