Monday, May 10, 2010

Lefty - calf working oil painting

8 X 6 Oil on Masonite Panel $100
Includes Insurance and Shipping in US
Here's a quick painting of the pen sketch I did several days ago. I'll probably paint this several more times, with a slightly different composition and colors.
You ask why the title is "Lefty"? I had to reverse the image of the roper on the horse to get him looking in the correct direction and that placed his loop in his left hand. SO simple....
Chicken report: They are very happy in their outside run. It will Fall before I trust to let them out for limited excursions in the garden, though. Don't worry, they still get "real" food. I have dug worms for them, shook caterpillars out of trees, left the porch light on all night to attract June bugs which I dutifully gather in the morning...AND they get kitchen scraps - they especially like pineapple peelings (thanks, Mom!). Also there is one really goofy friendly bird that is called a "Turken" or a "Naked Neck Chicken". Her name is Moe. She is supposed to be a good egg layer - she needs to have SOMETHING going for her, because good looks aren't it!
Bee report: I have not yet worked up the nerve to look into the hive. It has been so windy lately that I am not sure about the smoker working (that's my story and I stinking to it.) They are, however as busy as bees and I am hopeful that we can work out something regarding sharing the honey...after all, bees are our friends.
Zechariah 3:10
"'At that time, everyone will get along with one another, with friendly visits across the fence, friendly visits on one another's porches.'"
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: