Monday, May 24, 2010

Days End


6 X 8 Oil on Board $100

Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.

It's been really rainy in Texas this Spring - making for some spectacular sunsets and this was one of 'em. Rain grows good grass, too, and Easy loves to munch it.

Rain also means endless farmwork - trimming pecan and fruit trees, turning compost, mowing, cleaning stalls, weeding and harvesting the garden. As a result, I haven't had much time to paint.

The chickens are becoming more demanding, too. I cannot yet distinguish hens from roosters, but I have my suspicions. I have been refusing all along to name the birds, knowing that some will end up in the stewpot. I have a soft place in my heart even for the roosters, though, and may just turn them loose and see if they are hardy enough to survive the coyotes, owls and snakes. The first one that crows under our window at 4:00 A.M. WILL be supper, though, I assure you....

Psalm 59:14
They return when the sun goes down, They howl like coyotes, ringing the city. They scavenge for bones, And bite the hand that feeds them.

Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 8 in (15.2 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: