Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stick With Me

6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Panel
SOLD to a Florida Collector

Momma cows are attentive most of the time - especially when their calves are still small. They do let them out of their sight as they get larger - much like us human mommas. But it's always hard to let them go.
My littlest is about to have a little 'un of her own, and I feel like this momma cow - not wanting to let her out of my sight as her due date sweeps down upon us. My goodness, nine months has passed quickly!
She has her own life now and that, of course, is about to be drastically changed (I can only pray that she has a little girl as much fun and as intelligent and bright and "chipper" as she was!). I will now be a grandma, too! A FUN grandma. A grandma who lets her grandbaby plant seeds and learn to paint and dig for worms and chase the chickens and pick beans and RIDE DANDY! Thank you, Lord, for letting me live this long to enjoy this pleasure....amen.
Genesis 18:12
So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”
Click here to send me an email

No comments: