Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Still Following the Crowd

4 X 8 Oil on canvas panel $75
SOLD to a collector in Indiana
It's difficult for me to be an artist and NOT be political and imagine meaning in certain pieces. My mind wanders while working and I frequently make up stories to go with the illustrations - especially the more complicated paintings.
This is a simple painting but there's a lot of stuff going on. Cattle all traveling in one direction. It's dusty, so the way is not clear. But each follows the one in front - hoping that the destination is good and worth the trip. No map. No planning. Just follow the individual that's closest. Sound like a political statement to you?
Click here to send me an email

Micah 2:3
Therefore, the LORD says: “I am planning disaster against this people, from which you cannot save yourselves. You will no longer walk proudly, for it will be a time of calamity.

No comments: