Wednesday, December 29, 2010

There Goes the Neighborhood

8 X 8 Oil on gessoed Masonite board $110
Includes shipping and insurance in US
We don't have cable or satellite - just regular TV. There's not much to my liking on the major networks. Usually the local PBS station has enough interesting informative shows, though. And we rent DVD's from Netflix.
Recently I watched a repeat of a documentary I love - "Cloud, Wild Stallion of the Rockies". A fabulous nature photographer, Ginger Kathrens, has followed a particular stallion named "Cloud" and his family for a number of years now. The image of a mountain on fire stayed in my head and I painted this today.
It was rumored that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) was going to try and remove most of the wild horses from Montana and Nevada, but I never could find any record of it. A quick search of "what happened to Cloud" reveals nothing either. Losing the wild mustang herds would be a sad loss....
If you are interested in this little painting, click here to send me an email
To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE.
Psalm 122:8
For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, “Peace be within you.”

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Debbie - I remember seeing this documentary some time ago and was also moved and inspired by it. The photography was breathtaking. Your painting is a lovely tribute to these magnificent wild horses.

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Wonderful tribute to Cloud. The whole BLM thing is definately a hot issue these days.