Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Checking His Chaps

6 X 6 Oil on Belgian Linen $115 Includes Shipping and Insurance
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email.
I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY.
Another cold day in the South - Chickens huddling outside their coop, locked up in the pen, not understanding WHY I won't let them loose into the sub-freezing garden. Ancestors of our domesticated chickens are from Southeast Asia and Indonesia, so they are not accustomed to really cold weather or perhaps it's just not in their brains to comprehend such cold. I have a heat lamp on inside the coop, yet they prefer to huddle outside. Go figure....
I did get to paint a little today in between doing bookwork, baking bread on top of the wood stove and helping to arrange the next advertisement in Western Art Collector.
I am in incredibly talented company with these artists....
Psalm 37:25
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.
To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Joan Breckwoldt said...

Your paintings are beautiful. My favorites are your horses though, I can see you have a love for them. I like your choice of color and your bold strokes. And I love the chickens too. :)
stay warm!
Joan