Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Get Ready For the Storm

12 X 6 Oil on Belgium Linen panel $125.00
Includes Shipping and Insurance in US
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email.
I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY.
I keep seeing images of storm clouds on the horizon - sometimes I wake early in the morning dreaming of them. And their colors are so intense, I cannot get back to sleep. So I reluctantly get up and quietly join the cold air in the studio and begin another day.
I have had this image of the cowboy for quite some time and just today felt compelled to put him on a ledge with the brilliant, forbidding sky. Fortunately he is prepared with the slicker tied to his saddle - maybe he'll survive the storm unfazed.

Job 33:14-16 (New International Version, ©2010)

"For God does speak-now one way or another-though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings,"

To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE.
To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE.
To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Fantastic!!! I almost feel like I'm standing there with him!