Tuesday, January 25, 2011

They're Not Dancing Yet - palette knife oil painting

24 X 30 Oil on Canvas Contact Artist for Availability
The State of the Union Address is tonight and I have heard that some senators are going to "sit with the enemy" - Democrats and Republicans side by side. How nice. I wonder how many will be gritting their teeth! I have not seen them dancing together yet!!!!
I rode little Dandy yesterday - all by myself (yes, Mom, and no bones were broken!) I followed Trista's orders and did not let her get pushy and come into my space. I lunged her and flexed her and got up properly without twisting the saddle and she stood quietly.
Whew.
That was almost enough. But we also walked and trotted in the round pen. And turned and stopped and backed up and side passed. My "horse legs" are returning.
This painting is a bit different for me. It's painted with a palette knife over another image that was a semi-abstract that I just could not finish. It was also two horses fighting, so I have kept with the theme, but changed the composition and color - a LOT. These rich warm browns and earth tones really look cool in my studio, too, so I will be happy to live with it in here for a while.
If you are interested in this little painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY.
To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE.
To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE.
To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

Psalm 149:3
Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp.

4 comments:

Jack Nowicki said...

Hi Debbie ~ like this new painting of yours... watched the address tonight and liked 'em all sittin' together. Maybe this'll be a new beginning. JN

Susan said...

Hi, Debbie. Your title and commentary made me laugh - not only are they not dancing yet but chances are they never will be! Love the design and concept of your painting!

JudyMackeyart said...

Oh I love this painting!! I loved your title of course but you know I love the palette knife and I think you did a wonderful job - it gives this painting such movement that the horses are involved in...

Oh I love this painting!!!

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

I like what you came up with for this painting!