Thursday, September 29, 2011

There's a Storm Comin'

5 X 7 Oil on Canvas Board $115
Includes Shipping and Insurance in U.S.
I KNOW there's a storm coming and it's still largely undefined - just a darkness on the horizon. It's almost palpable and everyone's talking about it.
I know every generation feels scared and worried about the particulars of their decades on earth. My grandparents were born in the 1880's and 90's. They endured  the horror of World War I. Thirty-five MILLION people died in that one! My parents were Depression children, and they endured even MORE horrifying wars and the dark cloud of polio and other childhood diseases. Both of their families lost a child to a disease that is curable today. I cannot imagine the sadness of watching a child perish.
Today's generations feel as if we are all standing on the edge of a precipice with wolves nipping at our heels. People we elected, who we THOUGHT were trustworthy and intelligent enough to look after our interests are all proving to be the exact opposite, and we're beginning to feel that we are beyond the point of salvation.
EVERY generation has felt this way, and yet we still go to work, make plans for the future, decide to have more children and make our art. I have faith that everything that is happening today is all for the ultimate good and that this generation, like those before us, will survive the storm. It WOUILD be wise to get out your slicker, though, and perhaps plan for shelter....
Isaiah 25:4
You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in their distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Trudy R. Gomez said...

Really love your commentary today - nice little painting too! Gotta go find my rain poncho :)