Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hang on Cowboy

5 X 7 Pen on Index $25
Includes shipping in U.S.
Living in Texas gives me the opportunity to acquire rodeo cowboy images fairly regularly. I like the "man taming beast" symbolism that bronc riding implies. The cowboy chose to ride the wild horse, but he did not just jump on without proper preparation. Cowboys are some of the best athletes I know and most take very good care of their tack - a broken cinch at this moment could spell disaster. Balance is a key - as is maintaining a low center of gravity on the horse. All of this comes together in a perfect 8 second ride - and hopefully no one gets hurt.
Jeremiah 11:10
They have returned to the sins of their ancestors, who refused to listen to my words. They have followed other gods to serve them. Both Israel and Judah have broken the covenant I made with their ancestors.
If you are interested in this drawing, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: