Monday, February 6, 2012

Back to School

5 X 7 Oil on gessoed panel $115
Includes shipping and insurance
There's a mistaken rumor that "real cowboys" never hold on the the saddle horn. That's not true. Smart cowboys use whatever tools are available to stay safe - especially when training a green horse.
I saw this cowboy at a calf working several Springs back, and he was patiently walking his horse back and forth through the water. Evidently the animal had been initially reluctant to cross it, so he was encouraged to get his feet wet for the next 15 minutes. Back and forth. And since the horse was green, the cowboy held on securely - knowing that even the calmest horse sometimes decides to pitch a fit when asked to do something unfamiliar...
Psalm 37:3
Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Right. It's a smart move.
Great painting Debbie.

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

I've never had to break any of our horses. I've got one that will need to start this year. It won't be ME doing the breaking though!!!

Susan said...

You fit so much into such a tiny space! I am amazed!