Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Duckin' the Loop - calf roping painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

8 X 10 Oil on Canvas
$150 includes shipping and insurance in US
Painting with a palette knife is a real challenge - and for someone who USED to love detail, it can also be frustrating. But the textures I can get make the whole process fun and spontaneous.
I always write my blog with my family members in mind - this is how many of them find out what's new here on the farm.
The four turkeys chicks are down to three (I suspect 2 toms and a hen), thanks to Trudy "helping" to catch one last week. Oops.
Bugs are eating nearly everything in the garden - but the onions are spectacular.
Abbey is gestating nicely, with her calf due July 19.
Trudy, the German Shepherd, is now a year old and no longer confined to her crate when we leave for a few hours. So far she hasn't eaten the couch.
The biggest news is my mom is recovering from colon resection surgery and is slowing regaining her appetite and her strength. We are keeping her little teeny dog, Kaydee, and she has assumed role of boss dog. So far the disputes have been minimal with Kaydee always getting in the last word. Most of these past several weeks have been spent caring for Mom and her house. She is at a re-hab nursing home right now, and we are hopeful she will return to her own home soon.
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: