Friday, July 12, 2013

Moonlight Stroll - longhorn oil painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6X6 Oil on Canvas $125
Includes Shipping and Insurance in US
By this time last year I had completed one new painting...2012 was not productive for me at all. I guess every artist encounters a block occasionally, and last year I hit mine. This year I have more on my plate than ever, but I have still managed to paint nearly every day. Not all of the results have pleased me, but the efforts have, and I have benefitted greatly. Sometimes the best way to get past a block is to simply chip away at it a tiny bit at a time.
This longhorn cow is a member of a herd of assorted cattle that I pass on the way to Stephenville. Her physique is not much to brag about, but her horns are really impressive. Every time I drive by this ranch, I look for the herd, and if they are near the road I stop to get images. I think most of Erath County has honked at me at one time or another while I wade through the chigger-infested right-of-way to get my pictures!
Mimi report for my family: Mom is still in re-hab, and looking good! She has lost weight, but no longer looks pinched, and her appetite has returned (along with complaints about the food!). All pain is gone and she gets a good 2 hour workout daily. The Occupational Therapist says she can go home in 2 weeks and the Physical Therapist seems ready to agree to the same schedule. We have a consult with the oncologist next Tuesday to decide on what to do about the lung lesion. Your continued prayers are certainly welcome!
Psalm 84:3
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: