Monday, July 1, 2013

Downhill Cattle Drive 3 - Longhorns headed downhill oil painting

10 X 20 Oil on mounted canvas
Check with artist for availability
Every animal in this herd has a set of trophy-worthy horns and the cowboy remains a respectful distance from them!
Texas is experiencing a "cold spell" today. It's nearly 4:00 pm and it's only 86 degrees - delightful! I don't know what we did to deserve it, but I have never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I am enjoying...
The corn was ripe and harvested last week within two days. It was so hot that anything left longer was already too starchy to eat, BUT the cows love it! I am stripping several rows every morning and picking the remaining little ears to give to Abbey and Sophie . The "welfare cows" are waiting for me as I head to the garden with my Homer bucket. I don't need to call them up. Cows are so easy to teach new routines.
Next on the harvest block are the black eyed peas...eating is never boring at our house...
Revelation 14:15
Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: