Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Over the Top - bison buffalo and calf oil painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln


10 X 10 Oil on mounted canvas
Check with Artist for Availability
I was rummaging through some old images from our trip to Wyoming 5 summers ago and found my file of bison photos. Just outside of Jackson, Wyoming we found an enormous herd of cows and their calves - I was in heaven. We hung around the Jackson Hole area for a couple weeks, camping in various places, including all the way up to Yellowstone. I acquired some of the best pictures I have ever taken on that adventure....
On this one, I limited my palette to just five tubes of paint: black (which I RARELY use), cad yellow light, Indian red, ultramarine and white. Way out of my comfort zone, but fairly harmonious nevertheless....
Psalm 119:76
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Debbie, I LOVE this painting! Its all so perfect - the composition, the background, the foreground and the wonderful subjects! You did wonders with the limited color palette!