Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Kiss My

SOLD

Every time I visit Laurie, whether in person or her website, I am inspired by the color and vibrancy of her paintings, and I come home with a determination to break out of my rut of muddy, earthen colors and try new palettes. Yesterday I broke out of the mold – how long I can stay, I have no idea, but at least I did it.


This painting I am calling "Kiss My ---". I have two very fat horses and they come when I call - sometimes. Obviously this one ("Easy" is his name) chose NOT to come. Georgia, my border collie mix, does come, though! But she still has to look at where Easy is headed...
Laurie and I are alike in many ways – we could have been sisters. We went to high school together and knew one another well enough to say “hi” in the halls, but didn’t “hang out” together. We were both known as being “artsy” - and smart. Not necessarily good attributes for girls who want to be popular, but we survived. We didn’t get back together again until our 30th High School reunion in 2000. I was going through a reawakening of my spiritual values and was seeking old friends – she was already there, I think, and we connected. Funny how approaching 50 opens gates that you thought were firmly locked or at least blocked. I wish we had been friends through all those years, too.
John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.

No comments: