Friday, September 21, 2007

It's Smart to Bring a Spare


Mike and I spent the entire month of June 2007 wandering around Colorado, Wyoming and Montana with our 2 dogs and the RV. One experience that I really enjoyed was the rodeo in Cody, Wyoming. I am trying new painting subjects and techniques, but my favorite still is cowboys and their horses.
This painting was inspired by a cowboy exercising his horse and leading a second one behind the grandstand at the rodeo. The late afternoon light was perfect and I quickly envisioned the Wyoming landscape in the background, using one of my many reference photos. The title, “It’s Smart to Bring a Spare” was easy to conceive, since we have experienced the aggravation of flat tires while RVing! Planning ahead is always smart both for traveling and for where you’ll spend eternity….

This painting is available for purchase in my eBay store. Search "debbie lincoln" in the eBay home page to find it and others.
Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: