Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 13, 2007

Two days ago was the first anniversary of the selling of Kwik Kar - the business Mike and I owned and operated for 11 years. It's hard to believe that a year has passed already and I am evaluating what has occurred in that year's time. A lot actually.
We bought a new RV and took off for new campsites in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.
My youngest child, Merideth was married. That's huge.
I gave away Jack, my favorite old horse, to a treasured friend who could care for her and her special needs. She had her last baby in April and was put down 3 weeks ago. Her offspring, PJ, is bred to have a baby in March, 2008. Life goes on. (Ecc 3:2)
We sold all the cows (FREEDOM!).
We have helped Ben spruce up the house he bought in Euless last year.
I have painted and attended workshops and painted and eBayed and painted.
Our church has grown to 72 members (Woo Hoo!). It had 7 regular attendees when we joined in 2000, and now we average 45. What a joy.
Texas has come out of the drought. As I sit at my desk this morning, I see lush green pastures with 2 very fat horses and it’s hard to remember that the prickly pear were nearly dead this time last year.
I am fifty-five years old and wouldn’t be anywhere else on earth or in life.

No comments: