Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Free to Run

SOLD
8 X 10 Oil on canvas board $115
Includes shipping and insurance to U.S.
The next few paintings are going to be experiments in color. My palette holds only 3 for this painting: Phthalo blue, Cad orange med and Burnt Umber (and white). Phthalo is a brilliant, turquisey blue and I was reminded of it by a fellow painter, Rick Nilson (go check out his website HERE - I think he's gone nuts and is giving away paintings!!!!) Anyway, phthalo is a great blue for ocean water, but I'm going to use it for a while in Texas!
We are journeying to son, Ben's house for Christmas. Ben is a bachelor and is a man of simple needs and pleasures. His home in Euless is centrally (kinda) located to family in Denton, Morgan Mill, Dallas and Weatherford, so he got elected to host this year. Ben doesn't cook, so my Mom and I will be doing kitchen duties. And since Ben has minimum kitchen stuff, we will be bringing everything. My mom frets over the menu, but I am just happy to be with whoever shows up, and whatever we eat is secondary.
I do wish all you readers out there have a blessed Christmas - hug your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you. And if you get the opportunity to lift up someone who may need help, don't hesitate. You'll make the Father smile, and who knows, you might even be entertaining an angel!
Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
(Angels are mentioned in the Bible nearly 300 times!!!)

1 comment:

Pat Burns said...

Great job! This one jumps off the Daily Painters page!