Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Turn

5 X 7 Oil on Gessoed Masonite $115
Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.
I told ya'll that I attended a sorting this past weekend, and a variety of riders participated. When I first saw this cowboy, I thought I recognized his horse. Typically I recognize the animals before I recognize the people with them. I did the same at the business we owned for 11 years - an oil change shop. I knew people by the cars they drove; "Oh, you're the 2001 Diesel Ford Expedition with the chrome grill guard, dent on the driver's side from the deer". You get it.
Anyway, I thought I knew this horse, but I was wrong. So I then focused on the guy riding him and saw that he was doing a pretty good job exposing his mount to the cows and getting him to sort them. They need more work, but I do think they had fun. The rider was generous to his partners and the horse was cooperative. What more could you ask for?
Proverbs 11:25
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
There are 5 comments in Proverbs about generosity. hmmmmm

No comments: