Monday, June 29, 2009

Louisiana Cattle 2

9 X 12 Oil on canvas
SOLD to a collector in Louisiana


Louisiana landscapes are so different from Texas. Moss replaces cactus and water replaces blowing sand. White face cattle in the north, Brahman crosses in the south. Live oaks thrive both places and so do the cypress trees.

Sometimes I miss the lush greenness of my home state of Louisiana. Much of the state is like a greenhouse - warm and humid. We lived in Illinois in the early 70's and while there I literally longed for the radiant, blazing heat of the south - both the dry heat of Texas and the sweat-inducing humid coastal heat that you can only get on a beach (or central Louisiana).

My husband loves the mountains, and so do I. But my tendency is to hibernate in the cool mountains - the heat seems to stimulate life! Why are we never happy where we are?????

Ecclesiastes 5:19
Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God.

Media: oil
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

1 comment:

Heather said...

This picture brings me home :-)