Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Louisiana Cattle

5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $115
Includes Shipping and Insurance
I had a request from a collector to paint something similar to another painting I had already completed - only in Louisiana, with water. This led to a lovely "conversation" getting to know her and her connection to Louisiana - my home state. She asserted that she liked one of my paintings with cows in a pasture, only she would like to see the tree with moss (like Louisiana) and some water close by. She also wants me to use the "faces" of cattle that are owned by her family.
So I am playing with colors and composition now - morning light here (more pink) and the next one may be afternoon (more orange). The main consideration is composition and light color. The rest I can wing.
If you see 3 momma cows and their calves, your eyes are working correctly. But don't get too close - this is IMPRESSIONISM!
Psalm 18:28
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

Dang- this is soooo lovely - great effect here of "that fleeting moment in time". Nice atmospheric effect...I can feel the humidity (believe it or not, there's times you miss it -when you don't have it!)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this cool palette! This is a beauty.