Thursday, June 18, 2009

Texas Sunset



Yes, the sky really looked like this from my front door about 3 weeks ago. Our house faces N/W and I am privileged to view some exciting storms rolling in AND some equally magnificent sunsets. It appears as if the rainy season is over, though. Some parts of the state have received FEET of rain (Dallas), but we have had only bare minimum. Enough to grow hay, but not enough to fill stock tanks or replenish the water table. The wild flowers did put on quite a show, too and a prettier than I can remember in many years. I guess I'll need to buy hay from the first cut, like I did last year. Can't count on another one later this summer....

Speaking of flowers, my favorites for a long time have been day lilies. My grandfather in Louisiana grew them and even cross pollinated some varieties to develop some new ones. Dependable bloomers for all of July - in shade or full sun.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.
Media: oil
Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)
Price: $115 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 US includes shipping and insurance
Or, send me an email

No comments: