Saturday, April 3, 2010

Finding Rosie Preliminary

nodp The shooting of the model for "Finding Rosie" went without a hitch - my "victim", Tallen Halliday, takes direction very well, and even had a sense of humor when I told her that I would be "turning her into a boy" for the painting. And PJ will be turned into a paint horse. No offense was taken by either!
This is not the exact image I will use, but something similar. You can see the elements I had to get together - youthful individual, horse with a low head (I will have to "thin" her up and make her shaggier, as well as a paint) and wrapped in a buffalo hide. Tallen's hair will be red, also, and the wind will be blowing harder. All easy things to change, but the basic image will be the same
I LOVE the buffalo hide - it's HUGE. And Cecil Miskin assures me that it is not even from a large bison, so I can only marvel at the size these animals can get to. I am contemplating purchasing it, but I will need to plan to use it in future paintings to justify the expense...
Revelation 6:12
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red.


No comments: